An audio visual project I started in September 2016, with the objective to explore on stage collaboration between performer and computer. The two work as a duo: the first in charge of sound and the second responsible for deciding what will be the visuals behavior, thus affecting the way the performer will play.
FOLLOW THE PROJECT AS IT TAKES SHAPE
Since inception day I’ve been posting logs on my progress via Instagram stories.
The videos below are a collection of all my updates divided by month. You can see my rather casual beginning, my discoveries and achievements, solid plans changing, my failures, but most importantly how much fun it has been. I hope this can be of inspiration and perhaps a resource for anyone who wants to start a project in this field.
You are welcome to follow my future logs on my Instagram page, enjoy.
- Friday 16: Testing it all together. I think I’m on the right path.
- Tuesday 13: Introducing bounds for roaming objects.
- Wednesday 7: Started to implement a grid system to arrange shapes with some degree of systematic harmony.
- Tuesday 6: Introducing titles at the beginning of each piece to give the performer a clue on what comes next.
- Monday 5: Battling with the chicken and egg problem of what to do first: designing sound or visuals?
- Wednesday 23: Introduced timer functionality to shut off the whole thing.
- Wednesday 16: The seed idea is validated. I’ll proceed in this direction.
- Monday 7: After attending Ableton Loop2016, I started to entertain myself with the idea of a performance based on improvisation, collaboration with the computer, and proactive visuals.
- Monday 17: First framework model based on clips and live automations starts to take shape.
- Wednesday 28: Subject and storyline have been defined.
- Saturday 17: Decided to start working on a audiovisual performance.
Follow my daily logs on my Instagram story.