Italian, b. 1984, based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
In love with the past, observing the present, obsessed with the future. Addicted to organized noise and silence. I meditate skateboarding.
His work is characterized by a human, sound, image triad. It explores possible interactions between analogical and digital, as a mean to achieve a result with a strong technological component and artificial qualities, yet preserving or reintroducing some organic ones.
One of his projects, OTOH, a controller for real time manual beat slicing of audio samples, received the mention of honor from the Lucky Strike Designer Award by the Raymond Loewy Fundation.
Luca is now freelancing and available for hire.
TALKS AND EXHIBITIONS
- Center for Italian Modern Art, Sep 2015, New York
- STRP festival, Nov 2010, Eindhoven
- ISEA2010, Aug 2010, Essen & Dortmund
- Festival Della Creatività , Oct 2009, Florence
- Media Mediterranea, Aug 2009, Pula
- Interaction Design department of the School of Visual Art – Sep 2009, New York
- Tempo Reale, department of musical research, production and didactics – Sep 2009, Florence
- Experientia, May 2009, Tourin
- Frog Design, May 2009, Milan
- H-farm, May 2009, Treviso
PRESS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Gestalten & Verena Hanschke – A Touch of Code, 2011 – Gestalten (pp. 123)
- Weave Magazine – Ziel: Interaction Designer, 2010 – Weave Magazine (pp. 126)
- Mark Vanderbeeken – Otto, the open-source beat slicer made in Venice, Italy – Core77
- Peter Kirn – OTTO: Beautiful, Original Hardware for Beat Slicing in Circles – Create Digital Music
- Eliot Phillips – OTTO, beatslicing interface – Hachaday
- Ean Golden – OTTO – Controllerism Instrument – DJ Techtools
- Giampaaolo D’Amico – Intervista con Luca De Rosso – Soundesign
- Ben Rogerson – OTTO: the circular hardware beat-slicer – Musicradar
- Joseph L. Flatley – OTTO slices beats, has no effect on tin cans – Engadget
- Collin Cunningham – Beat-slicing with OTTO – Makezine
- Nate Archer – OTTO – Designboom
Are you looking for a designer to hire? Drop me a line using the form below.